Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Skirt or Blouse: Look 1



Hey guys!  I'm truly excited about getting the most from my current wardrobe as I continue building it with only things that I love.  For instance, this cute skirt I bought from my go to store Gabe's was only $7.99.  It's a Dressbarn label and I was too thrilled about scoring it for this price!  Well, I put this outfit together while playing dress up in my closet, because....duh that's what girly girls do...lol.  To stretch the amount of ways I could wear this skirt, I hiked it up over my boobs and slapped on my brown stretchy belt to cinch my waist and flatter my curves.
Can you tell I was feeling cute this day?  Definitely a twirl-worthy outfit...lol!
If you're hippy, like me, a skirt like this with an elastic waistband will work well for you.  The skirt is nice and flow-y.  It has great stretch because of the elastic and is lined as well.  Because I'm not very busty and I have narrow shoulders, this neckline works for me.  
Adding accessories such as this cute quilted crossbody in ivory; stacked bangles, midi rings, and a statement necklace all added character to my outfit.  Stay tuned for a different way to wear this item! I will be doing another blog post soon.  Thanks for reading!
Skirt as Blouse: Dressbarn via Gabe's | Jeggings: Cato Fashions | Peep-toe Wedges: Payless | Statement Necklace: Gabe's | Crossbody Purse: Ann Taylor via Goodwill

21 comments:

  1. Wow that skirt works wonderfully! Looking good, gurl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to wear that skirt as a blouse! The colors are amazing!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful way to remix your skirt! Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Alice and I'll be there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just adore this post! You are amazing in every way! xo

    Love,
    Bri
    www.cityfashiongirl.com
    www.youtube.com/briannadeg
    Follow Me On Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brianna! I'm excited to check out your blog :)

      Delete
  6. This is definitely a great look for you and the cross body bag is a perfect accessory. #PersonalStyleLinkup

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these colours on you, perfect for Summer. Thanks for linking up with THT today. Please remember to follow our social media links as well. We'd really appreciate it. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will be sure to follow your links and thanks for hosting the link up as well.

      Delete
  8. What a great idea and a great way to get the most out of each item! You look great! The hot pink and red look fabulous on you!
    XO
    Katey
    Thanks for linking up with our Tuesday Fashion Party Link-Up!
    http://www.twopeasinablog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I had much fun wearing this outfit :)

      Delete
  9. You look soooooo gorgeous XO! Thank you for sharing with #linkupwithlisa @ http://www.beauty101bylisa.com/2015/08/linkupwithlisa-32-printed-maxi.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! Always a pleasure to link up with you.

      Delete
  10. What a lovely way to redo a skirt, I love it and I couldn't tell it was a skirt until I read about it. You are so creative and it looks so darn cute!
    Thank you for linking up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me"

    Rachel xo

    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! There are many ways we can wear what we love. We just have to think outside of the box :)

      Delete
  11. Very creative! I love the pattern and am a big fan of red! Looks great!
    Thanks for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesaday!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea! Love the bright floral print of the skirt! You look fabulous! I will definitely try this tip out! Thanks for sharing!

    http://marymurnane.com

    ReplyDelete