Monday, August 17, 2015

Crochet Shorts: Look 1

Hey y'all!  Okay, I have a confession to make.  I have literally had these crochet shorts all summer and I'm just wearing them.  Mostly because I'm not to fond of wearing shorts.  I'm confident with my body, however, like most women I still have those things I just don't care to highlight, and showcasing my gams are at the top of that list.

My fashion sense is evolving.  I've enjoyed stepping out of my comfort zone and trying new styles and silhouettes that suit my body frame.  Wearing these gave me a little more pep in my step.  Nobody had a heart attack when I strutted around town feeling cute with my gams all out, so I will be wearing these for another month or so.  It is still summer right?  Well, it is where I live.  This is the type of clothing you want to wear in a humid climate such as where I reside.

This week I will be showing you how to rock the crochet short trend for the remainder of the summer.  Because they are white, you can honestly style them several ways.  That is the main goal for building my wardrobe right now.  Paring it down to wear ONLY things I love and remixing them to wear for several occasions.  Whether it be casual, weekend, dressy or whatever.

For my first look, I paired my dark wash denim vest buttoned to the top.  You could also wear a cute tank under the vest in a complementary color for added character and sass.  From there, I added simple accessories in bright contrasting colors with my necklace, earrings, cross-body clutch featuring turquoise hues and flats showcasing a cool watercolor effect.  I would wear this look for brunch and shopping with girlfriends.
Outfit Details
Denim Vest ~ Dressbarn via Gabe's $9.99
Crochet Shorts ~ Ross Stores $9.99
Watercolor Flats ~ Payless Clearance $10
Clutch ~ Family Dollar $5

So, are you guys feeling the crochet/lace short trend?  How would you style yours?  Check back this week for more looks I will feature wearing these shorts.  As always, thank you for reading and for your feedback.

6 comments:

  1. Those shorts are so cute and Kishina I admire you for stepping out of your comfort zone as I remember reading you were stepping out and showing more arms and shoulders as well and you are confidently still rocking those. I love the pops of colors here by the way!
    Rachel xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeeees, Rachel! You remember...lol. I'm loving my new found confidence. I'm proud that I'm finally coming out of my shell :)

      Delete
  2. Love the shorts super cute, with the vest . What a steel on the purse. Visiting from BigGirlsGuide.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry! Appreciate you stopping by ;)

      Delete
  3. I am glad these shorts are not in the closet anymore and is worn - they look fab on you!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete