Monday, October 24, 2016

Warm Autumn Palette | Out of My Comfort Zone

Curvy blogger wearing rust jeggings, printed tank, nude flats and handbag.

Happy Monday!  Today's post features an outfit that makes you feel warm inside and want to indulge in all things fall such as apple cider, pumpkin pie (or if you're like me sweet potato pie), cozy sweaters and the list goes on.  These jeggings in a warm rust color are the perfect base to any fall color palette.  When I slipped these on they were so comfy and stretched easily over my humps (my lovely lady lumps...lol).  Ok, corny, I know.
Plus-size blogger, nude cardigan, rust jeggings, nude laser cut flats, nude Vera Wang purse with furball accessory
Anywho, I plan to wear these ALL season long!  They will be in heavy rotation and I do plan to wear them until the threads come loose...lol.  This color is gorgeous on my skin tone and I pranced and danced in the dressing room when I put them on.  Ya know what that means *inserts shame face emoji*, yep they came home with me.  I swear, this shopping habit is a hard one to break.  Although I've cut back drastically, I still want to challenge myself to wear what's in my closet.  They were only $13.99 though... *le sigh*.
Blogger loving her fupa, rust jeggings, blush sunglasses, nude flats

Plus size blogger in sleeveless printed blouse, rust colored skinnies, nude perforated flats and handbag with fur accessory
Like, seriously, I did NOT need another pair of pants this color.  Why?  Because, I have a pair in a similar color already.  I came to realize it when I viewed this post here *side-eye*.  Ummm, yep, those are in my storage bin from last year.  I have yet to dig out and rediscover those things I loved wearing last fall season that are still in good condition.
For this post, I paired the pants with a sandy, nude colored open front cardigan and keyhole tank with a gorgous teal and rust print.  This cardi is a lightweight sweater material, so it was perfect to wear in my icebox of an office at work.  Y'all these nude laser cut flats are soooo comfy.  They were inexpensive (very inexpensive) and I've been wearing them non-stop...with everything.  For added character I've hopped on the trendy train and popped on a cute fur ball chain to my purse.

Outfit Details:
Keyhole Tank | Jones New York (via Gabe's) $8.99
Jeggings | Citi Trends $13.99 
Ballet Flats | Citi Trends $6.99 (similar)
Open Front Cardigan | Gabe's $9.99
Vera Wang Purse | Gift from mom


And now I bet you're wondering, well, what is soooo out of her comfort zone as it states in the title?  I tucked my shirt in...okay...lol.  If you've followed my blog for a while, you may notice that I NEVER tuck my shirt.  Well this day, I tucked!  And guess what, nobody died...hahaha!  My fupa and I have a love hate relationship.  More like I wish it would leave me alone and go far, far away...lol.  So this was a big deal for me.  At first I was self conscious and wondered if everybody was staring at it, but as the day wore on I became more relaxed and felt free to love me...ALL of me.  

What have you tried recently to push you out of your comfort zone?  

Thanks for reading and engaging with me!  Until next time.....  Be Bold, Be Beautiful, Be YOU!

21 comments:

  1. I love these colors on you! And I think your shirt looks great tucked in!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this color on you Kishina! And I am a sweet potato pie fan too! I think your shirt looks great tucked in, and your hair lovely!
    Thanks for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesday
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jess! Sweet potato pie is a southern girls' must at Thanksgiving...lol.

      Delete
  3. You needed those pants!! The color is perfect on you. :)

    Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinned and shared on Google+! This is one of my favorite outfits from your blog =)

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Thanks for pinning me. I'm happy to be an inspiration :)

      Delete
  5. Nope, no one died and you look great! #TopoftheWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaaa! Too funny. Thanks for the compliment :)

      Delete
  6. I love how confident and cute you look in these photos, great colors on you too. I love how clothes do that too me.
    Thank you for linking up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me" link up
    Rachel xo
    http://garaytreasures.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Rachel. There's nothing like a comfy outfit in a great color palette.

      Delete
  7. My step mom never likes to tuck in her shirts either!!
    And I get it sometimes....but there are times it's a great detail and a different look!
    You look fabulous!
    jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jodie! I am truly trying to step out of my comfort zone and try things that "scare" me...lol. I appreciate your warm compliments.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this color palette on you and your fupa looks great!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joi! Lol...I'm embracing this fupa for now!

      Delete
  10. You're so cute! Hey, I think its perfectly acceptable to have two pairs of pants of similar shades because you never know when one pair is going to bite the dust then would have none! Also there is a slight difference so they are basically two different colors ;) I think you look great from head to toe. :)

    Erica
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaaa! Well thank you for the warm compliment. And now that you put it that way, you're right, one pair will eventually wear out and I'll have a back up pair. I truly do love these colors :)

      Delete
  11. Oh, this is such a great look for fall! I really like the rust pants and they fit you perfectly. Fantastic patterned top, too. Thanks for linking up with Fabulous Friday, Kishina!

    ReplyDelete