Thursday, September 10, 2015

Work Your Wardrobe


If you have been following along my blog, you'll see a repetitive trend from my last few posts.  As stated in those previous posts, I'm getting the most bang for my buck out of my wardrobe.  By that, I mean wearing skirts as shirts and so forth.  I showcased this fabulous chevron print maxi skirt this week, wearing it as a dress here (in case you missed that post.)  Today, I'm wearing it as a shirt.  You can easily do this with any skirt you own and "make it work", as the famous Tim Gunn would say...lol.  
There are sooo many ways I can envision wearing this piece, and I truly believe it will become a work horse in my wardrobe.  For instance, I could add a denim jacket and flats as a casual look or dress it up for the office wearing a black blazer.  And ooooh, add a leather moto jacket and some rad black boots or booties for an edgy chic look.  Hmmm, grabs note pad...lol. 
As my style evolves, I can honestly say that it's not what you wear, but how you wear it.  I encourage you guys to wear what you love.  Have fun with fashion.  Discover new ways to wear what you already have.  Mix it up with different pieces.  "Make it work"...lol.  I'm starting a new hashtag on my Instagram.  I would love for you guys to participate and inspire myself and others showcasing your take on a style you have remixed from your closet.  If you could please use #kurvyclosetplay so that I can see all of you fantastic fashionistas at werk! 
Outfit Details:
Chevron Print Maxi ~ Old and remixed several times
Red Skirt ~ It's Fashion ($5.99 *gasp*)
Pumps ~ Payless $20
Clutch ~ Family Dollar ($5 old) 


 
Which look is your favorite?

22 comments:

  1. Love that skirt! Are you a Virginia blogger?

    Ashley
    www.mysimplecurvylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ashley! Thank you for your kind comment. I'm actually from North Carolina now residing in the hooootter but lovely South Carolina :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, I can't believe this is a skirt! You look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you repurposed this dress! I'm doing the same this Fall I don't plan on buying many new clothes but I definitely will get the bang for my buck with the stuff I already own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Venessia, girl! I love that I have found new ways to wear things in my closet. I am on a very strict budget at this moment. Although I have added a few things to my fall wardrobe, I don't plan on going crazy...lol. Thanks for stopping by fashionista :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, great way to get extra mileage out of your wardrobe!! Love both looks. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Sam@http://beautifuldreamerami.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sam! Happy to be an inspiration to you. I appreciate you stopping by and connecting with me :)

      Delete
  5. You look great! I love both looks.. but I totally love the pops of pink!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darcy! Pink is my fave color ever...lol.

      Delete
  6. I have really enjoyed seeing the different ways you have styled this chevron maxi skirt. Another brilliant idea and color combination! I really like the other ideas you listed, as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennie! I will definitely be wearing it other ways as well. Not sure if they will make an appearance on the blog though. I don't want to bore my readers...lol.

      Delete
  7. Another great way to wear that dress. I love how both outfits came out. Alone I would never have guess that they are are from the same dress.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kreyola! I appreciate your warm comments. Thanks again for stopping by :)

      Delete
  8. I love how much fun you have with fashion! You are so creative in how you style pieces differently to get the most wear out of them! I love that.
    XOXO
    Katey
    http://www.twopeasinablog.com
    Thanks for joining our Tuesday Fashion Party Link-Up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and I enjoy linking up with you as well. I appreciate you hosting :)

      Delete
  9. You do have an eye for fashion, Kishina! Love both outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! I recently saw a blogger style a dress as a shirt as well and loved the results so I can't wait to try some more of this and get creative and have "fun". Cute skirt/shirt.
    This dress was made for you, so cute! Congrats to your aunt!
    Thanks for linking up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me"
    Rachel xo
    Please come on by and check out/link up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me" link up now LIVE
    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel! I enjoy linking up with you. I appreciate you stopping by :)

      Delete
  11. So smart. I love versatile pieces, too. : ) And both of your looks are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much, Ana! I appreciate your kind comments :)

      Delete