Happy New Year guys! I'm so excited to publish my first post for 2018. I hope everyone has enjoyed the holiday season and rejuvenated to accomplish your goals set for the new year. I don't prefer setting new year resolutions. My goal is to become a better person than I was the previous year. What goals have you set for yourself in 2018?
Ways I plan to better myself in 2018 include (but not limited to)
- BELIEVE in myself more. Step out on faith and take more chances in life. We only live once and I want to live my best life every second of every day. For so long I've shrunk back in the shadows not believing I'm good enough at this blogging thing or anything I do for that matter. I've learned that I'm sometimes my worst critic. I now feel that I'm just simply me. And that's all I was created to be.
- I think so many of us have the yearly "get HEALTHY" goal. Ways I plan to do that include increasing my water intake and moving more. I work behind a desk for the most part so daily exercise is a struggle for me. This year I want to be more intentional on moving more. I've lost a "few pounds" just by being more mindful of not only what I'm eating but how much I'm eating as well.
- Become more ORGANIZED. Y'all...this is such a struggle for me. I've always been the one who can function in what I like to call "organized chaos". I have entirely too many things. This year I want to live a simpler life. I want to downsize like EVERYTHING...lol. I feel I function best when my surrroundings are clear and neat. At the moment...I dread opening my closet. YIKES!
- This year I want to travel more. I'm approaching a milestone birthday and I want to go somewhere EPIC. Don't know where, just yet. But I know I want to experience life outside of my current locale.
- BLOG more consistently. This year I want to hold myself accountable to create fresh new content for my blog. I hope to give it a face lift and maybe even venture into self-hosting land...lol. Who knows? We shall see.
- INVEST. I'm speaking of investing not only in myself, but in finances. This year I want to learn how to properly invest for my future, because...hey I ain't getting no younger.
- Lastly, I want to intentionally SMILE every day that I can. Yes, I know, some days I just won't feel like it. For so long I've feel like I've had to make lemonade from the lemons life has thrown my way and honestly, I'd become bitter about it. I walked around with a permanent frown on my face so to speak. This year I want to take on the spirit of gratitude and being thankful for whatever season I have to endure in life. I know eventually the sun will shine again.
For this outfit (a theme I plan to continue for this year), I opted to wear a trendy blouse in a winter white. I've worn this on the blog once before HERE. I don't think I'll ever get rid of it because I love how it fits and flows around my body. This year I plan to wear a lot of hidden gems I've discovered from the massive amount of clothing in my closet. I feel I've become so caught up in fast fashion, that my closet and my pocketbook suffers unnecessarily. So a lot of what will be featured on the blog will be creations from my closet. To complete the look, I added olive pants, brown boots and a statement pearl necklace. Thanks for stopping by. If you liked this look, let me know your thoughts in the comments below. Also you can follow me on Instagram and Facebook. I'm trying this Snapchat (username: mskishina) thing....laaawd bear with me...lol.
Outfit Details: Blouse | It's Fashion (previous purchase) Boots | Avenue (previous purchase) Pants | Simply Fashion (previous purchase) Faux Pearls | It's Fashion (previous purchase)