Monday, November 24, 2014

Have You Seen Her?



I know my loyal readers have wondered why I haven't posted a blog entry since July 5, 2014.  Well, let's just say I took a very long break.  You guys have probably had questions such as "Where did she go?" and "Why the sudden halt on blogging?".  To be honest, LIFE happened.  You know, the roller coaster ride that takes you on all kinds of curvy twists, turns, ups and downs.  I sort of let my emotions get the best of me and I stopped blogging.  For one reason, I didn't feel I was inspiring full-figured curvy divas such as myself in the way that I thought I would.  I felt as though I was just a tiny voice in this gargantuan blogging world.  



There's already so many great bloggers out there with huge platforms.  For example, Chastity Valentine of GarnerStyle displays such exquisite style, and she nails it each and every post.  Oh my gosh I love her style!  Kristine of TrendyCurvy, well this lady is unapologetic as she serves it up on a silver platter.  Her curves are flawless!!  Another, Thamarr of Musings of a Curvy Lady slays me with her color coordination and beautiful silhouettes.  I look forward to reading all of these lovely ladies blog posts.  And well me, I'm just little old Kishina...lol.  


Truth is guys, I almost gave up on doing something I love because I began comparing myself to others.  I've learned, in my time away, that I'm the only one who is best at being me.  There are no carbon copies, I'm an original.  My love for fashion and style choices has never wavered.  But to be honest, my confidence did.  I've gained weight and that's another reason I quit blogging.  I felt unworthy to showcase fashion choices anymore.  But who am I kidding, that's what this blog is all about right?  I've just added a few extra curves...lol.  While those fabulous bloggers that I mentioned have a huge fan base and thousands of followers, it's okay for me to be me.  I've finally arrived at a happy place in my life right now.  I'll blog from now on because I love it, and not to compare myself to others.  There's only one me.






On to the the deets of this fabulous outfit!!  This teal colored knit top caught my eye in Goodwill the other day.  It was new with tags!! $38.00 new, but of course, my price $4.25.  You just can't beat that with a bat.  I immediately knew I would style this top with a pair of denim jeans and my newest favorite tribal print scarf.  You will definitely see this scarf again on a future post...lol.  I wear it with a lot of blouses.  It was a thrifty find as well at only 5 bucks *breaks out into the Dougie dance*.  My shoes $7.99.  These jeans another Goodwill find $4.25.


One thing that I envy of all those great bloggers I mentioned is their awesome photographs.  I'm still working on shooting at the right angles and such.  My photographer is currently my 12 year old son...lol. Yep, he does a pretty darn good job.  I'm always having him adjust angles while I'm still learning the best lighting conditions.  So, yeah I'm doing my best in showcasing my style to you!!

In closing, I've learned to laugh more while taking that loooong break.  And that includes laughing at myself.  So I hope to add a smile to your day or evening with these bloopers my son captured during this shoot.  He said, "mom you have blinked so many times on these photos".  I told him it was okay, and that I appreciate him helping his mommy.  Thank you for reading, and please leave a comment if you have enjoyed this post!!  Hang on for the ride, there's definitely more to come!!  Smooches!







Linkups

personal-style-linkup  Linkup Button

  still being molly

PinkSole  

The Fashion Canvas  StyleSessionsLogo zps1d35aa03 Style Sessions Fashion Link Up: Summer Whites and Brights

 
pleated poppy


  



16 comments:

  1. Great job Kishina!!! I love these colors for fall/winter. Everything doesn't have to be so dark and muted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teayah, thank you for stopping by and commenting. That is so true!! I don't want to wear drab colors all season. I love this color scheme as well.

      Delete
  2. You look great, and I am so happy to see you back. I kept checking back to see if you'd posted and today I was happy to see something new! Keep doing what you're doing; your voice is unique and needed. XO!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Whitney! It feels great to be back doing what I love; fashion, shopping and photography. Thanks for reading my blog and commenting. And I truly appreciate the encouragement.

      Delete
  3. Glad to see you back. I've gone through all of these same emotions at different phases of blogging ...weight gain (but we are plus bloggers so hey part of it is showing how we style clothes in spite of weight).....feeling like I wasn't really adding anything to the plus community but now I'm like you I blog and stop comparing myself to others. I don't try to buy all the latest stuff I just wear what I have in my closet and hopefully it inspires someone to recreate it. I don't care about followers, likes, or making money from blogging. It's simply a hobby and a way to showcase my style with my readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Venessia!! I'm happy to be back too. I can't believe the amount of weight I've put on! Nevertheless, I still love fashion and blogging is my hobby. I will keep showcasing the style that I love. Thanks for stopping by and commenting :)

      ReplyDelete

      Delete
  4. I love the color of your top! It's so bright and goes so well with that fun scarf! I just found your blog and I'm glad you're going to be posting more, I can't wait to read!
    http://www.poshprime.com
    ~~Megan~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Megan!! Thank you for your kind compliments. I'm happy to know you look forward to more from me. I will check out your big as well :)

      Delete
  5. Love your sense of style! You look fab! Stopping by from Beautiful you linkup.
    Edwige | http://www.hypnozglam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Edwige! Thank you for the compliment. I will check out your blog as well.

      Delete
  6. The teal color looks great on you!

    I'm glad you decided to return to blogging. We each have a unique voice and perspective. You may connect with some in a way that others can't. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Keisha for stopping by and checking out my blog. I truly intend to blog more, simply because it's a thing that I love :)

      Delete
  7. So glad you decided to come back. I say there can never be too many people sharing the message of body positivity! And your son is doing a fabulous job! I look forward to the ride! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you could give me insight on those fab boots you're wearing in your latest blog post. I love getting fresh ideas and inspiration from you. Hope you had a great vacation!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you! And I enjoy your blog as well. I do read it but I'm bad about commenting. I will try to engage more with you. Have a blessed an awesome week!

      Delete