Monday, June 30, 2014

What I Wore: Wedding Attire

I was invited to attend a wedding vow renewal with one of my best girlfriends this past weekend.  I'm currently on an extremely tight budget, so shopping for a new outfit was out of the question.  Oh, how I long for the day I can loosen the reins on it just a tad!  As I'm rummaging my closet, murmuring that cliché "I don't have anything to wear!", I came across this beauty that's been hanging there awaiting the perfect invitation to be worn.  Alas, I pulled out my little black dress and smiled.  It was perfect for this event! I am such a romantic at heart, so it was a no brainer when I decided to wear this to such a sentimental occasion.  Being the feminine lady that I am, I couldn't help but fall head over heels for this dress.  I think this has easily become one of my favorite dresses, simply because I love lace.  The all black dress with the black lace overlay in a floral design just screams all things girly to me.
.  

Because the dress makes a statement itself, I didn't want my accessories to compete with it. I opted for a simple pair of ballet flats that were adorned with sparkly gold glitter.  I wanted to wear heels with this, but this day my ankles were adamant about not complying with that...lol.  So, I listened and flats it was.  I truly admire curvy, plus-sized fashionistas of my height and weight who can rock those stilettos.  As the title of Beyonce's latest hit states... "Pretty Hurts", and I'm not about that life...sorry (lol).  I choose comfort any day over corns and bunions giving me grief...ugh! I do own heels though, just not many.



Let's talk about this cute belt!  I wanted to cinch my waist a little and what better way to pull a look together than accessorizing with a belt?  I scanned my belt arsenal (I have loads of them) and this is what I finally settled upon.  It is a wide belt constructed of a stretchy elastic, not an expensive one, but don't you just love the rose gold detailing on it, gaaah!  


My purse is one that I've been carrying for weeks now.  I love the style, shape and color.  It is nude and goes with practically everything.  Don't you just love things that are functional and versatile?  I adore how the purse compliments my sparkly, glittery ballet flats and my beautiful strings of  faux pearls.  I know that I could have opted for a fancier choice of purse, but truth be told I was rushing and did not have time to transfer things I needed to my clutch...bummer.


My final accessory that I felt would pull the look all together was a simple three strand pearl necklace.  I just love this necklace.  It's classic, feminine, and romantic.  I purchased it with the blush colored, floral laced brooch attached to it.  It can actually be removed and pinned to any other outfit that you would love to jazz up.  Overall, I loved how I styled this look. I received numerous compliments from young and old alike.  I'm still getting used to the fact of being ogled.  I've come to realize that just because people stare, sometimes it's because they are admiring what I'm wearing, hating the confidence I ooze when I walk in the room with my head up or simply they're too shy to pay a compliment.  Nevertheless, I always make sure to shoot them a smile and wave of my hand to acknowledge the admirers and the haters alike...lol.


It amazes me that the things I love in life are simple.  The fact that I can look great on a budget fills my heart with joy and puts a smile on my face.  When I find a great bargain, you would swear I hit the lottery or something.  I sometimes scream score or winning while shopping.  Yes other customers do sometimes stare at me with the blank face.  We all love a good bargain though, would you agree?  I left outfit deets below if you guys would like to know all about this ensemble.  These items are super old, so I'm not sure if they're still available in stores or online.  If you liked this post, please do me a favor guys and leave your comments below or share on your social media platforms.  I just love interacting with my readers.  When you comment, it truly shows that what I share matters not only to me, but to you my readers.


Dress:  Ross Dress for Less ~ $13.99
Purse:  Ross Dress for Less ~ $12.99
Ballet flats:  Wal-Mart ~ $5.00
Pearls:  Rue 21 ~ $3.99

Grand total = $35.97
Feeling like a million bucks = PRICELESS



Wedding day #selfie 

Follow me on Instagram HERE. I'm most active there.  I'm also adding pins to my Pinterest board HERE.  Feel free to share or repin for style inspiration :)

Linkups:

personal-style-linkup Linkup Button
 still being [molly]
PinkSole 
Thrifters Anonymous Life's A Party Dress Like It
StyleSessionsLogo zps1d35aa03 Style Sessions Fashion Link Up: Summer Whites and Brights The Fashion Canvas
pleated poppy 
 Let Your Light Shine Thursdays
Lovely Thursdays



No comments:

Post a Comment