Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Summer Love



So, summer is fast approaching.  I can't think of a better way to be summer ready than to have an ever-ending supply of dresses and shorts.  I mean it gets super hot and humid here in North Carolina and the air gets so thick it feels you can't breathe.  The outfit featured today is one I created for just a few bucks.  Y'all know I'm always looking for the latest deal.  I have to make sure I keep tabs on my coins honey!! (Lol)


I found this maxi-length dress at my local It's Fashion and it had just been hanging in my closet begging to be worn.  Because of the way it is made, I had no idea how I would style it when I purchased it.  It caught my eye, last one on the rack, and I just simply had to have it.  


This is actually the second outfit I wore this past weekend after attending a graduation for my niece.  We had to endure the blazing sun for over two hours as the graduates accepted their diplomas and officially began their journey into young adulthood.  I literally sweated out my two-strand twistout, causing the massive formation of the afro you see.  I love how this ensemble all came together.  I received many compliments on my outfit choice and was even featured on Instagram @bbbgirls4ever.  Marie Denee of The Curvy Fashionista also commented and liked another photo on my Instagram that will be coming to the blog soon.  She is like one of the very first bloggers I followed.  I was so stoked when I saw she commented!! Marie is the epitome what plus size fashion should be.  She loves all of her curves and is not ashamed her body. A very body-positive-minded lady you should check out her blog, I provided the link above.

The top portion is a denim vest and and a black sheer chiffon material flows from it. I decided, since it was so hot, that cheetah print shorts and a coral colored tank would compliment this look flawlessly.  It all came together so well, and I felt it was effortless yet chic.  You guys wouldn't believe how much I paid for this!! $6.00 yep!! This dress was a steal! It was already on clearance, however I noticed a missing button. Y'all know I kindly inquired if I could have an even better discount for the missing button, and yes the sales manager gave it to me.  Can you say winning??

 


Linkups:
Linkup Button
still being [molly]
Life's A Party Dress Like It
pleated poppyI Feel Pretty
      Let Your Light Shine ThursdaysStyleSessionsLogo zps1d35aa03 Style Sessions Fashion Link Up: Midi Skirt Love + Win $100 Sheinside Gift Card
Thrifters Anonymous

2 comments: